We look forward to meeting you and your child at your first visit to our office. As a pediatric dentist, my office routine may be somewhat different than you have been accustomed to in the past. To have you and your child feel at home, I would like to take a few minutes to familiarize you with my practice.
What you and your child can expect on their first visit:
- Your child will be acquainted with the dental office
- A thorough examination will be performed. For older children, a cleaning and fluoride treatment will follow.
- Based upon our findings, we will recommend if an X-Ray examination is necessary.
- All procedures will be accompanied by an explanation and demonstrated to their education level.
- Upon completion of treatment, we will discuss with you your child’s oral health, proposed treatment plan and financial policy.
Parents are welcomed in the room for all treatment procedures. However, we ask that you help enhance the treatment of your child by being a silent observer. By doing so, you will allow us to establish a relationship with your child and prevent the confusion that arises when more than one person talks to or directs the child.
One of our prime objectives is to make your child a good dental patient, one who will be able to accept routine dental treatment. This process should begin at home prior to the first visit. Listed below are some suggestions to guide you.
- Dental visits are part of growing up. Please don’t indicate in any way that there is anything to fear.
- The less “fuss” the better. It is best to tell a child about a dental visit just before the day of the appointment.
- If your child requires more information, you can explain that the dentist will look at their teeth to make sure they are healthy.
- Make appointment days easy and make sure that your child is well rested.
- Remember, tears are a healthy avenue of expression for a child when moving towards the unknown, so please don’t be disturbed or embarrassed if your child cries. Once a child becomes familiar with the new surroundings, the fear will disappear.
Please complete our Medical and Personal History Questionnaire (PDF format).
For your first visit, payment in full is expected. If you have dental insurance, we will be happy to process your forms. Please arrive a few minutes early for your first appointment.